Box Art
Welcome to RetroTracks
- Remember that awesome tune? We do too.
Home Search Music Systems Artists Forum
Forum

RetroTracks Forum - What is your most Memorable retro gaming experience?

jamiroph
What is your most Memorable retro gaming experience?
« posted: Feb 7th 2013, 3:00 pm »

I'm curious to see as we now have one of the BIGGEST ever communities what we all remember fondly from gaming "back in the day".

I myself after thinking long and hard have to say playing two player on either streets of rage or alien storm with a pal. The very early days of console based cooperative play were awesome fun. Sharing the experience with a friend (or even a group of friends using the pass controller per life routine) really made a solid impression on a younger Jamiroph.

In all honesty it probably made me the gamer I am today, More than happy to try out new "social" gaming aspects as multiplayer evolves but just as happy to sit back on a solo play through and really enjoy myself.

Eager to hear from our other retronauts!
SeeD1985
Re: What is your most Memorable retro gaming experience?
« posted: Oct 16th 2014, 10:21 pm »

For me 2 completely different games from different eras come to mind.

Turrican 2 (Commodore 64): Playing this classic platformer while listening to Queen on cassette tape will always give me feelings of nostalgia to the 80's.

Chrono Trigger (SNES): Will always be my favourite game of all time. The story, characters, graphics, atmosphere in general made an everlasting impression on me. I still play it once every 2 years or so.
Laserninja1
RE: What is your most Memorable retro gaming experience?
« posted: May 13th 2016, 2:28 pm »

My first retro gaming memory was playing Mario with my father even, though we had to cheat since our controllers would act up causing us to die on the first pit.
Another good memory is playing sonic games with my friends. We had so much fun laughing at glitches the music and tails doing things like running off cliffs
My favorite retro gaming memory though would have to be playing spiderman 2 on Ps2 with my friends. We didn't even try to finish the game. We had fun doing stuff like helping people and fighting thugs. By far the most fun we had though was jumping off the tallest building we could find. We had no particular reason we just thought it was funny watching spiderman do 10 flips then land on his face.
Thewiiu
RE: What is your most Memorable retro gaming experience?
« posted: May 13th 2016, 8:50 pm »

My first retro gaming memory was playing Mario with my father even, though we had to cheat since our controllers would act up causing us to die on the first pit.
Another good memory is playing sonic games with my friends. We had so much fun laughing at glitches the music and tails doing things like running off cliffs
My favorite retro gaming memory though would have to be playing spiderman 2 on Ps2 with my friends. We didn't even try to finish the game. We had fun doing stuff like helping people and fighting thugs. By far the most fun we had though was jumping off the tallest building we could find. We had no particular reason we just thought it was funny watching spiderman do 10 flips then land on his face.

Well mine was spiderman 3 when we had venom even though the controler was busted it was hilarious to here everyone yelling about how his suit was black now
Pages
PREV
NEXT